eCommerce Solutions Architect
2415 Cascade Pointe Boulevard Charlotte, NC 28208
The Solution Architect works with business executives and end-users to conceptualize new solutions, recommends technical resources and strategies, and then designs the requirements for the project. The Solution Architect develops and manages the technical interfaces between all systems in the enterprise and oversees the coordination and implementation of application upgrades, system maintenance and data integrity of the applications.
• Interview end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues
• Communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of cross-functional teams.
• Translate business needs to the technical team and assign programming and development tasks to the technical staff and vendors.
• Specify the features of the integration design, estimate time and effort to complete each feature, build or supervise implementation of features, prepare solutions for deployment.
• Design coding and software best practices, develop reference and proof of concept implementations.
• Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Assure that application designs are consistent with industry best practices including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility.
• Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to cross functional groups and senior levels.
• Orchestrate integration of new applications into the existing enterprise.
• Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve integration related issues.
• Develop standards & processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
• Collaborate with vendors, business analysts, business users in the testing of newly-integrated software programs and applications.
• Liaise with software developers and vendors to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
• Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration, or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
• Manage other development resources and coordinate activities with vendors and other third parties.
• Develop quality assurance test plans and test scripts and coordinate End to End system testing activities.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience.
• Must be well versed in eCommerce technology
• Must be versed in Java, and Spring.
• Some experience in Big Data would be great.
• Knowledge of application architecture, database design, application development, configuration, and reporting is required.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Must be capable of thinking both tactically and strategically.
• Demonstrated experience with large-scale application integration efforts.
• Understanding current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Proficiency in a variety of programming languages.
• Understanding of coding methods and best practices