eBusiness Program Manager, Platform for Science
300 Industry Drive Carlsbad, CA 15275
The Solution Partner is a functional and program management expert who partners directly with a Director of Product Management – PFS to aid in the delivery of astonishing results across multiple capabilities. He/She is a senior leader with an understanding of the process and system complexities and challenges to facilitating and continually aligning the solutions of a large organization. In this role, you provide functional expertise to provide solution guidance and coordinate delivery across multiple delivery teams to deliver on the product roadmap defined by Product Management.
How will you make an impact?
The Solution Partner engages with various internal businesses to provide solution level guidance and support to product management and other stakeholders, including identification and management of dependencies across internal and external technology development teams and partners.
What will you do?
- Partner with Product Management (PFS) to create sound business cases to implement new or expand the digital science capabilities of existing technology.
- Manages the end-to-end delivery of new features and capabilities to enhance the organizations Platform for Science.
- Coordinates and drives delivery of development tasks across multiple value streams to deliver the solution roadmap defined by Product Management (PFS).
- Works with IT product teams to determine, develop delivery plans and set dates for delivery of new capabilities, including managing dependencies with internal and external teams.
- Develops and manages resource plans for delivery of new features.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure on time and quality delivery of initiatives by balancing the business needs versus technical constraints, and escalating issues and risks to drive solutions as necessary.
- Coordinates among internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of key digital science objectives with company goals.
- Assists in building yearly AR’ s (appropriations requests) for the PFS program.
- Manages project costs to ensure new features are developed within allocated budgets
- Gather data about project, program, and roadmap progress and provide appropriate reporting.
- Presents to executive management regarding program summary, roadmap, risks/issues, and financial health
- Develop and share best practices with PMO and the IT product teams, with a relentless approach to operational process improvements.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’ s Degree required, Masters preferred - Computer Science or related field
- PMI and Agile certifications preferred
- 8 - 10 years of IT experience in a professional environment, preferably Life Science
- Experience managing at least two Agile Release Trains (ARTs), ten agile teams of at least eighteen months duration.
- Experience managing cloud platforms (AWS), SaaS applications and instrument connectivity projects a plus.
- Experience running Agile projects/programs at the Solution level in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodology.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of IT / web technologies and practices.
Travel: 10-15% domestic/US travel)