Web Hosting Engineer
300 Industry Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15275
The eBusiness Application Administrator position is a technical resource within Global Web Hosting group responsible for supporting project and maintenance of business tasks related to E-Business initiatives. Candidate must be able to setup, administer and troubleshoot micro sites and flagship sites and applications using J2EE application servers and related technologies. Candidate must be able to operate independently or be part of a team that builds and integrates ecommerce sites, applications, and services for both internal and external customers.
- Perform installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment and administration of various environments.
- Reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks by automating processes.
- Resolve issues independently or in partnership with Vendors, Development and Operations team in a technically complex and diverse environment.
- Perform deployment of releases across Dev, Test, QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Partner with technical leads and performance engineering team to fine tune QA and Production environments to meet Non Functional Requirements.
- Partner with Information Security team to schedule vulnerability scans and maintain compliance of websites to security standards like PCI and HIPAA.
- Proactively identify and define key monitors, alerts and reports for websites to guarantee uptime and meet SLAs.
- Thoroughly document the landscapes supporting a given application or website.
- Adhere to the Change and Release Management framework ensuring zero incidents as a result of the change rollout.
- Adhere to the ITIL processes and leverage ITIL tools to facilitate service management and meet SLAs.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to facilitate support during off hours and weekends.
- Highly motivated to troubleshoot issues and adapt/adopt new technologies.
- Application Server setup and administration experience using one or more of Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, ColdFusion and WebSphere.
- Experience with Messaging systems and LDAP directory administration is a plus.
- Must have experience with Shell, AWK, Perl, WLST, Jython or Python scripting language and Regular Expressions.
- Knowledge of networking protocols like TCP/IP, NFS, LDAP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH etc
- Experience with CMS Systems like Adobe CQ, Autonomy TeamSite, Vignette OpenText or Joomla
- Experience with a Search Engine like Microsoft FAST, Oracle Endeca, Apache Solr or Apache Lucene
- Experience with an eCommerce engine like IBM Commerce, SAP Hybris, Oracle ATG or IBM Comergent.
- Experience with tools like Splunk, HP Openview, Nagios, SiteScope, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Confluence, Remedy and Service Desk Manager
- Experience with Source Control Systems like Harvest, GIT, CVS, Subversion or Mercurial
- Experience with load balancing technologies like F5 BigIP or Citrix NetScalar
- Experience in Windows and Unix Operating Systems is a must. Unix Administration experience is a plus.
- Good Understanding of SDLC, IT Change Control processes, Deployment Methodologies and Application Server Life Cycle Management
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and Office suite.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities with a good understanding of diverse environments and components - Unix, Windows, database, networks, etc
- Experience in an e-business environment is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools like JIRA, Confluence and Stash is a plus.
- Experience with IIS/.Net Administration is a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Deployments is a definite plus.
- Experience with developing J2EE and Mobile applications is a plus
- Kubernetes, Docker and AWS Highly Preferred