31 35th Street Pittsburgh, PA 15205
The incumbent designs, plans, codes, tests, and deploys a variety of technical web applications in support of business operations.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Ensures the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identifies bottlenecks and bugs, and devises solutions to effectively mitigate such problems.
- Helps to maintain code quality, organization, and automations.
- Designs and implements web applications that meet operational requirements.
- Develops processes and routines to solve daily problems.
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to internal business users of applications.
- Works with cross-functional teams to recommend technical solutions for business/system issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolves application issues, and provides diagnostic and analytical support.
- Develops and performs end-user training when the need arises.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “ Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- This position operates primarily in an office environment and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and printers.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, perform repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position may require up to 5-10% travel.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, IS, IT, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in C#/.NET development.
- Strong technical background in HTML, CSS, web forms, data validation, IIS, TFS, and security best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Capacity to understand complex problems and translate them into technical specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with non-technical people.
- Ability to prioritize and organize projects of varying complexity, frequently under deadline pressure and minimal supervision.
- Adaptable to change and able to quickly learn new software and technologies.
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.