Web Analytics Tag Developer
300 Industry Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15275
As a Tag Management Developer, you will work closely with web analysts, digital marketers, development groups and product managers to create customized behavioral tracking solutions. Best practices are utilized to ensure we have accurate, up-to-date and sustainable implementations that provide high-quality data across enterprise. Reusability of code is key for maintaining consistent tracking across multiple websites and properties.
This position requires excellent communication skills, internal customer interface, heavy programming and working with a geographically dispersed team. Attention to detail, and the ability to quickly learn in various technical environments is critical to success.
- Work with internal clients to understand and design analytics solutions in Adobe Analytics
- Work with development teams to sync analytics tracking requirements into Agile production sprints
- Heavy use of Tag Management Systems including Adobe Launch and Adobe DTM
- Ability to quickly master tracking software of third-party vendor applications from various analytics and advertising technologies such as Optimizely, Facebook, Google, Sizmek, and others.
- Anticipate and solve issues before they negatively impact websites or the integrity of analytics data
- Work independently to manage projects and timelines to ensure on-time delivery and bug-free deployments
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Web Analytics Experience
- Experience working with tag management systems such as Google Tag Manager, Adobe DTM, Tealium, or Ensighten
- 3+ years front-end web or analytics development experience
- Strong HTML and CSS experience in cross browser environments
- Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills using tools such as browser network tabs, Chrome Debugging tools, Firebug, Fiddler, and Charles Proxy
- Deep understanding of data dimensioning and metrics, proper use of tracking variables and how they are implemented for deep dive analysis and automated reporting.