Canonsburg, PA 15317
The Technical Writer creates and maintains clear, concise, and accurate documentation for technical applications directed toward technical and non-technical users.
- Must be able to comprehend information intended for a technical audience, rewrite and organize it in a manner appropriate for a non-technical audience.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must perform technical writing based on required standards and guidelines.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write to different audiences.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail is critical.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Will work with different teams/team members to gather necessary content for documentation.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related area.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and database structures.
- Basic coding knowledge preferred.
- Relies on standards and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Has ability to quickly synthesize complex information.
- Has ability to converse with both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Has ability to prioritize and the flexibility to reprioritize, as needed.
- Has ability to receive constructive criticism.
- Has ability to work in and engage with a highly collaborative environment.
- Has strong organizational skills.