Technical Solutions Manager
8 Grandview Ave Canonsburg, Pennsylvania 15317 | Direct Hire
The Technical Solutions Service Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of tasks that require Tech Solutions resources. This is a fast paced work environment. Responsibilities include managing priorities deadlines, assigning tasks while holding resources accountable for their deliverables, and status reporting regarding progress. Additionally, the Service Manager will coordinate task requests from multiple sources including technical support, application development teams, and the Tech Solutions team and manage resources availability and task assignment across all of those request streams.
The Service Manager will work with Tech Solutions “ customers” across all the organization' s internal teams and external hosted clients. The primary responsibility and accountability will be ensuring the timely and successful completion of all assigned tasks by Tech Solutions resources. The Service Manager is responsible for following best practice to make the best use of limited resources (time, money, and people) to achieve team deliverables and meet timeframes, and SLA’ s. The Service Manager coordinates cross-functional teams to ensure successful achievement of goals. The Service Manager will work with the Director of Technical Solutions to establish metrics and performance indicators to improve efficiencies and better understand resource needs
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Business, Management, Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience. 7+ years of related work experience with 5+ years of service management or related experience in a healthcare/specialty pharmacy related environment preferred.
- Experience with Agile framework and methodology a plus
Lead the prioritization and assignment of day to day tasks
- Communication of task status to both internal and external customers
- Ensure milestones and targets are met by actively managing task status on a day to day basis through appropriate resource, issue, and risk management
- Ensure appropriate tools and techniques are available and employed by the team to enable them to meet their assigned objectives successfully
- Deliver the assigned tasks to successful conclusion
- Coordination and communication of maintenance windows to both external and internal stakeholders
- Participation in Change Management process and communication of potential impacts
- Exceptional service management skills, including proficiency with service ticket management tools like Service Now.
- Ability to work with and meet established objectives, priorities, and deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Some understanding of technical tasks to allow for problem resolution when a plan hits a roadblock
- Experience leading and motivating.
- Possesses superior communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Must also possess excellent problem solving skills with good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with senior management, coworkers and clients.
- Must be goal-oriented.
- Conduct process post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful process or approach
- Develop and implement best practices and tools for execution and management
- Experience with Clarity and VSTS/TFS a plus
PERFORMS RELATED DUTIES:
Other duties as assigned.