Sr. Support Engineer
77 Hot Metal Street Pittsburgh, PA 15203
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve technical system issues. You will be required to analyze and measure the customer experience and business impact of identified problems on eCommerece site, internal corporate systems and store applications. The candidate will have change management responsibilities for off release cycle system changes. You will need to be a proficient communicator to be successful. An eligible candidate must be a critical thinker capable of adapting quickly to new technologies and situations.
- Collaboration with business and technical staff to identify problems and drive their resolution.
- Manage technical problems to quantify their business and customer impact.
- Coordinate change management for off release cycle systems and code changes.
- Send business facing communications regarding changes and system outages.
- Provide data and analytical support to business, development and user experience teams.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the information technology field.
- Excellent trouble shooting, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A strong analytical background and a strong understanding of statistics.
- Excellent learning skills to assimilate to new business flows and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing formal technical and business documents is a plus.
- Experience with Pagerduty, Jira, Splunk, IBM Tealeaf, New Relic, Solarwinds or other like tools.
- An e-commerce and retail background are a plus.
- Experience with ITIL methodologies a big plus