Senior Network Engineer
601 Technology Drive Pointe Plaza, Suite 250 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15317 | Direct Hire
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience required
- Cisco certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCDP) a plus
- Ten years of network engineer or network administration experience; over ten years of network experience which includes five years as a Senior Network Engineer Administrator
- Hands-on experience with implementation and maintenance of a robust, scalable and reliable network infrastructure including VPN, firewalls, routers, switches and network load balancers using industry standard best practices required
- Knowledgeable and experienced in various network technologies, services, and protocols that are typical of a large enterprise network including TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, SNMP, SYSLOG, DNS, DHCP, 802.1Q VLAN, STP, Ether Channel, LACP, and QOS, VOIP required
- Engineering level experience with Cisco switches and routers such as Nexus 7000/5000/2000, Catalyst switches and ISR routers required
- Experience with firewalls and security technologies required; experience with Cisco ASA and Palo Alto preferred
- Extensive knowledge of network security, encryption and authentication protocols including, AAA, ACS, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, SSL/TLS, SSH, IKE, PKI, EAP TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x required
- Experience with a variety of networking connection technologies including local and metro area Ethernet, fiber channel, CWDM/DWDM and carrier-based MPLS required
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring, analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds, Wireshark) for advanced troubleshooting and traffic optimization of network traffic required
- Solid documentation experience with Microsoft® Visio, Word, and Excel required
- Install, configure and maintain networking systems and hardware across the enterprise such as switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, VPN, load balancers, access points and fiber optics.
- Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of network systems and services. Monitor network performance and suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Ensure adherence to best practices and proven methodologies to promote continuous IT operations and the integration of new value-added technology, including strong collaboration and alignment with the Security and Compliance team strategies
- Evaluate new technologies and support decision-making process and long-term technical direction.
- Work with various project teams as they design/implement their projects to make recommendations and implement changes to the network infrastructure.
- Provide advanced level support to the Enterprise/Data Center Network Infrastructure as needed to determine root cause of complex problems and implement resolutions.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, equipment inventory and processes
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Participate in call rotation to ensure required support is achieved
- Demonstrate decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude and effective interpersonal skills with clients, coworkers and vendors
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of management, outside vendors, technical and non-technical users.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member or independently.