Industry: Information Technology / Systems
Job Number: 987
Pay Rate: 120,000
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent experience required; Master degree preferred
- Minimum of seven years of practical experience in the Administration and Implementation of both Unix and Linux operating systems (RedHat/Oracle)
- Experienced in multiple Data Center technologies (Networking, Security, Servers (Web, Application, Database, Middleware, etc.) that are critical to Federated' s systems required
- Experience working with all major BISD processes, including Change Management, Service Request and Project Processes required
- Experience with IT industry best-practices related to infrastructure management and administration required
- Design, develop, test and implement solutions to problems involving multiple technologies, with direction, utilizing advanced specialized technical skills.
- Assimilate knowledge of new technologies and considers their applicability in solving business or systems problems at Federated.
- Recommend advanced technology solutions applying existing skills and newly acquired knowledge about new and emerging technologies.
- Recommend advanced technology solutions and guides implementation.
- Keeps abreast of developing trends and standards in technology and recommends application where appropriate at Federated.
- Recommend improvements to existing technologies and participate in task estimation and planning.
- Develop and publish technical strategy and architecture design documents and technical specifications.
- Serve as technical mentor to technical staff including, team leaders, lead technical specialists and managing technical specialists.
- When needed, participate in managing the technical development, integration, testing and the release preparation for new or enhanced systems.
- May prepare and monitor project plans and task lists.
- Warrendale Location – Warrendale, PA 15086
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to work effectively both individually and as a member of a project team.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to various levels of technical and business people using diagrams and written summaries of a technical approach