Senior Java MicroServices Developer
300 Industry Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15275
This position will work within the Digital Engineering group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to ecommerce web sites. Candidate will translate business needs into effective technical solutions using Java technologies. Candidate will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of micro services. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to design, build web applications on top of services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including AWS, Docker, Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs.
· Work within Agile scrum team to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain Java/Micro service based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work.
· Define Docker/Kubernetes deployments processes for applications.
· Contribute and confirm to Digital adopted software development standards.
Experienced Java/Microservices Developer
· Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
· Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
Minimum 6 to 8 years of web development, troubleshooting experience using Java and related technologies. Including: Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Postgres, Oracle, Kafka, Microservices. Would be a plus to have WebSphere Commerce, Jira, AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker, Oracle, Postgres and Kafka.
Prior work experience developing and interfacing with Web/Restful services is required
Must be very comfortable for Database concepts, query optimization of relational databases
Must have experience to NoSQL, Cloud/AWS.
Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and automation/configuration management.
Hands on experience in coding and scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have.
Experience using GIT, SVN, defect tracking tools such as JIRA/HP and build management tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo is desired.
Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment. Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
Exposure to Agile delivery methodology would be nice to have.
Be able to step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and critical production issues.