Security Operations Analyst
8 Grandview Ave Canonsburg, PA 15317
The Security Analyst will design, implement and maintain computer and information security systems and controls. The Security Analyst will monitor networks to detect any suspicious or hostile activities and take measures to defend against malicious attacks on the systems.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying security abnormalities through conducting internal audits and reporting violations.
- Maintains security controls during implementation of security system upgrades.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Follows organizational and industry standards, such as HIPAA and PCI, when implementing security systems and upgrades.
- Ensures organizational IT compliance requirements are met.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree in Information Security or related field required. Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Information Security or related field.
- Security+ Certification preferred
- Network+ Certification preferred
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Network proxies
- Enterprise Anti-Virus
- SFTP servers
- Group Policy
- Patch management
- Windows Server
- Vulnerability management
- Data loss prevention
- Knowledge of current threats and trends in Information Security
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office including Visio and Excel.
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- The ability to communicatetechnical information to a non-technical audience.