120 5th. Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15222
This job is a servant leaders who enables teams to deliver the highest business value to their customer as effectively and efficiently as possible. They accomplish this by coaching and advising the teams as well as leadership on desired Scrum processes, procedures, values and interactions as well as opportunities for continuous improvement. The incumbent strives to enabling teams to become self-organizing, cross-functional and accountable while assisting them to achieve their Sprint plan by facilitating Scrum events, removing impediments and resolving issues outside of the team' s control.
- Provide Agile coaching for Scrum teams to ensure the adoption and improvement of Scrum practices, process and desired outcomes; Establish a culture of self-organizing, cross-functional and accountable teams; Help those outside the Scrum teams understand which of their interactions with the Scrum teams are helpful and which ones are not.
- Assist teams to identify, communicate and resolve or escalate impediments and issues; Run interference for non-critical unplanned work that may prevent the team from completing their planned Sprint goal
- Schedule and facilitate Scrum meetings including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Sprint Reviews to enable teams to plan and complete tasks based on the highest priority and the teams’ available capacity.
- Utilize appropriate tools, metrics and techniques to successfully guide the team’ s progress against the Sprint Plan
- Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of team and leadership retrospectives, ensuring teams effectively prioritize, plan and execute on improvement ideas
- Provide Scrum training for new staff members
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration/Management or 6 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor' s Degree
- 3 - 5 years in IS/IT
- 1 - 3 years in a Scrum Master role
- Experience working in the Health Insurance Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Professional Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Methodology
- Outstanding Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Conflict Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Leading Change