300 Industry Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15275
This job acts as a servant leader who enable teams to deliver the highest business value to their customer as effectively and efficiently as possible. They accomplish this by coaching and advising the teams as well as leadership on desired Scrum processes, procedures, values and interactions as well as opportunities for continuous improvement. The incumbent strives to enable teams to become self-organizing, cross-functional and accountable while assisting them to achieve their Sprint plan by facilitating Scrum events, removing impediments and resolving issues outside of the team' s control. Works with minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Provide Agile coaching for Scrum teams and leadership to ensure the adoption and improvement of Scrum practices, process and desired outcomes; Establish a culture of self-organizing, cross-functional and accountable teams; Help those outside the Scrum teams understand which of their interactions with the Scrum teams are helpful and which ones are not.
- Lead Scrum teams to deliver the highest priority business value through: Establishing strategies to plan ahead, identify and manage dependencies to minimize impediments; Providing guidance on task load balancing based on available team and individual capacity and required skill or knowledge; Monitoring impact of unplanned work, providing trend analysis and recommendations to leadership on strategies to minimize future unplanned work; Proactively establish Scrum of Scrums sessions for cross-domain dependencies; Assisting teams to identify, communicate and resolve or escalate impediments and issues; Run interference for non-critical unplanned work that may prevent the team from completing their planned Sprint goal.
- Schedule and facilitate Scrum meetings including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Sprint Reviews to enable teams to plan and complete tasks based on the highest priority and the teams’ available capacity.
- Utilize appropriate tools, metrics and techniques to successfully guide the team’ s progress against the Sprint Plan
- Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of team and leadership retrospectives, ensuring teams effectively prioritize, plan and execute on improvement ideas. Seek outside professional references (books, articles, webinars) to identify and present improvements to existing Scrum processes and develop any required training.
- Provide Scrum training for new staff members
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration/Management or 1.5 years of experience in lieu for each year of missing education
- 2 - 5 years Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including at least 1 year as a Scrum Master
- Professional Scrum Master 1 certification preferred
- Master' s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration/Management
- Experience in the health insurance industry
- Professional Scrum Master II or Certified Scrum Professional certification
- Agile Methodology
- Outstanding Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Conflict Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Change Management