QA Automation Specialist
8 Grandview Ave Canonsburg, Pennsylvania 15317 | Contract To Hire
The QA Automation Architect will be responsible for providing domain technical expertise on QA Automation and Performance Testing for various Creehan applications. This role will be responsible for the architecture, design, development and maintenance of enterprise automation and performance testing framework. Serve as a domain expert in defining and rolling out standard Automation/Performance framework and best practices for the various applications across the organization. Responsible for working with various stakeholders to develop, authorize and support reasonable SLAs and KPIs for Automation and Performance Testing
- Work as part of project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- Design and build advanced automated test suites
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Implement, maintain, report and recommend improvements for code health metrics coverage and defect density metrics Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
- Work closely with the software engineering team, Product Management and Technical Operations as well as business users and Senior Management, as required
- Able to quickly identify and test for the following
- UI Testing
- Integration testing of APIs
- Performance and Scalability Testing
- Security Penetration Testing
- Be flexible and adaptable as we grow and develop as a software engineering organization.
- Conduct ad hoc testing by adopting the persona of one of our customers and interacting with the system from various perspectives.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred. Associates required.
- 3+ years’ experience working in QA Automation is a must.
- 3+ years of development experience with C# in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- 2+ years of experience with pharmacy preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration framework including code promotion based on positive outcome of increasing breadth and depth of coverage and complexity test suites
- At least 3 years leading and/or managing Automation and Performance teams and growing the test team and practice
- Thorough understanding of modern SDLC methodology, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques including Unit, Functional, Load, NUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, Jasmine, Karma or equivalent, WireShark or Fiddler2
- Solid knowledge of SQL, XML and other programming/scripting languages
- Experience testing API’ s using automation tools
- Knowledgeable in different Load Testing Protocols ex: Web, Web Services, AJAX TruClient, LDAP, SOAP, REST
- Experience with Performance testing using JMeter, Scale and Reliability testing.
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies for various products and applications
- Plan and Perform Tests
- Participate in Automation and Performance Testing project planning, tracking, and reporting of automation progress for onshore and offshore resources, map test scenarios and Performance KPI and SLAs to each business requirement to maintain traceability coverage
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, fast-paced team environment
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Possesses strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Test case development and management using tools such as TFS, VSTS
- Defect management and remediation using tools such as VSTS, TFS
- Experience with various automation tools such as MTM, QTP or UFT
- Experience in configuring CI/CD pipelines.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, Web based application architecture and interfaces
- High proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Act as a mentor for QA resources as well as provide training to QA resources on testing strategies, standards, tools and process