QA Automation Engineer
8 Grandview Ave Canonsburg, PA 15317 | Contract
The Quality Assurance Automation Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining test automation scripts and framework that ensures quality and performance of company products. This role requires hands-on coding skills used to produce automated test suites for testing the UI and APIs. The role will also involve working with an agile team, test engineers and DevOps engineers to define and automate tests to further our Continuous Integration/Deployment goals.
- Work as part of project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- Design and build advanced automated test suites
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
- Work closely with the software engineering team, Product Management and Technical Operations as well as business users and Senior Management, as required
- Able to quickly identify and test for the following
- UI Testing
- Integration testing of APIs
- Performance and Scalability Testing
- Security Penetration Testing
- Be flexible and adaptable as we grow and develop as a software engineering organization.
- Conduct ad hoc testing by adopting the persona of one of our customers and interacting with the system from various perspectives.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred. Associates required.
- 3+ years’ experience working in QA Automation is a must.
- 3+ years of development experience with Java/C#.
- 2+ years’ of experience with pharmacy preferred.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques including Unit, Functional, Load, NUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, Jasmine, Karma or equivalent
- Experience testing API’ s using automation tools
- Experience with Performance testing using JMeter, Scale and Reliability testing.
- Plan and Perform Tests
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, fast-paced team environment
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Possesses strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Test case development and management using tools such as TFS, VSTS
- Defect management and remediation using tools such as VSTS, TFS
- Experience with various automation tools such as MTM or QTP
- Understanding of Web based application architecture and interfaces