8 Grandview Ave Canonsburg, PA 15317
The QA Tester implements test plans designed by the Technical Lead. Tracks quality assurance metrics and ensures the product runs as it should and reports any problems or issues with the performance of the product to the Product Manager. The QA tester is also responsible for creating test plans for new product enhancements and carry on end to end testing to ensure the new enhancements are working as expected and it does not affect existing functionality.
- Create/execute clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Responsible for regression testing for quarterly releases and any rework releases.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Expected to be familiar with the product and its objectives.
- Responsible for any work assigned to them and should rely on their experience with the product itself and should be familiar with the processes to follow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Should have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Must be goal-oriented and focused.
- Should possess good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Visual Basic programming experience a plus
- Experience with automated testing software such Microsoft test manager is a plus.
- Should be a good team player. Feels responsible/accountable for any work assigned to them.
- SQL/Database knowledge
- Should be forthcoming with new ideas to improve the process and quality of the product.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’ s degree in a software/technology related field is preferred, Associate’ s degree required.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of experience in a technology related environment; healthcare-related environment a plus.
- 1-2 years ‘ experience in manual testing.