Oracle EBS Manager
447 March Road Ottawa, Ontario K2K 1X8
We are looking for an experienced Oracle EBS manager for our Kanata, Ontario head office, to oversee the IT functional aspects of our ERP, supporting the business across Canada.
Reporting to the Senior IT Manager for the Nuclear Power Group, you will be in charge of a team of developers, functional analyst, and DBA. You will manage the company’ s ERP systems in support of the finance, order management, inventory, manufacturing, transportation and human resource functions. The position is intended to be a “ working manager” role, involving significant Oracle EBS technical and functional activities in addition to leadership of the support team.
The ideal candidate will be very knowledgeable in IT and Oracle systems. They will have a solid technical background while demonstrating the ability to manage and motivate people. They will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to resolve issues related to the deployment of mission-critical Oracle ERP software in a highly regulated, process-oriented environment.
· Oversee all Oracle EBS development and operations; evaluate them according to established goals and metrics.
· Analyze the business requirements and enhancement requests of all departments to determine their ERP technology needs.
· Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems associated with Oracle EBS, and develop strategic plans for approval by upper management.
· Serve as lead contact for Oracle ‘ super users’ for day-to-day operational accountability and maintain regular collaboration.
· Lead, mentor and develop the Oracle technical IT staff.
· Complete technical reviews and approve changes to Oracle EBS architected and developed by the team.
· Actively coordinate, troubleshoot, and drive resolution of Oracle EBS issues affecting production or the business; determine the technical, interfacing and operational requirements to resolve issues.
· Act as an SME for Oracle Process Manufacturing practices and structures and how they relate to existing and new business systems.
· Lead the support and solution-to-build integration for boundary systems (FedEx, SAP, MES, LIMS, ProjectServer, etc.).
The candidate must possess and demonstrate the following:
· Technically fluent in the standard functionality and customization capabilities of Oracle E-business Suite R12.
· Able to design, develop, troubleshoot and technically support business-critical Oracle EBS customizations and integrations, as well as provide technical guidance to the support staff.
· Minimum 5 years of experience working on enterprise-wide implementations of Oracle ERP systems across multiple sites, broad geographies and multiple lines of business; especially in a manufacturing environment.
· Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or business administration.
· Project management and leadership capabilities for short as well as multi-month projects to progress continuous improvement opportunities.
· Able to work in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment for problem resolution within tight timelines.
· Excellent verbal and written communications. Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Accomplished team builder, motivator, coach and mentor.
· Strong customer-service orientation.
· Highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail.
· Leadership skills and ability to negotiate complex issues with stakeholders having cross functional interests and priorities.
· Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
· Experience with working in environments under strict formal design and change processes.
· Knowledge of regulatory issues and requirements associated with IT systems supporting manufacturing of medical isotopes, radiopharmaceuticals, and/or medical devices is considered an asset.