4000 Ericsson Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15086
- Bachelor Degree or related experience required
- Three to four years of experience in data network environment required
- Experience with MPLS; SIP preferred
- Familiarity with new and emerging network technologies (NGFW, Fiber transports, load balancing);
- Experience with multiple network protocols (TCP/IP required)
- Experience with NetFlow, Layer 2 & Layer 3 switching, EIGRP, wireless technologies, network monitoring required.
- Some telephony experience with an industry leader is preferred
- Ensure that all network hardware and software related problems are identified, logged in the designated tracking system, and the appropriate people are notified.
- Ensure a good operating environment for the various networking systems.
- Follow change control procedures.
- Troubleshoot moderate problems with supported network systems and applications; test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment.
- Respond to high severity/high priority incidents related to on-call data or voice engineer.
- Read and interpret circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Assist in the identification of system/network problems at remote sites.
- Perform inventory related activities (e.g., versions, software, hardware, devices, etc.).
- Interface with vendors, as required.
- Generate documentation and status reports in the requested format and frequency.
- Monitor network performance, generate capacity statistics, and recommend improvements. Develop tactical plans for assigned initiatives.