Java Software Engineer
300 Industry Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15275 | Contract To Hire
Work within Agile scrum team to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain Java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work.
· Contribute and conform to Digital Engineering adopted software development standards.
· Focus on quality and continuous improvement to applications and processes.
· Participate in production deployment and provide support for product.
· Step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and resolving critical production issues.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5 to 8 years of web application development using Java and related technologies.
· Hands-on experience in JDK 1.7 or higher required
· Hands-on experience in Spring, Spring boot frameworks, webservices and related technologies is required.
· Hands-on experience using Kubernetes, Jenkins is desired.
· Exposure to Agile delivery methodology and associated tools is highly desired.
· Work experience or good knowledge of development using cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure would be a plus.
· Must be good in SQL and have experience using NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
· Knowledge or experience with front-end technologies such as NodeJS, Angular, JQuery, css would be nice to have.
· Hands on experience in coding and scripting (Groovy, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have.
· Experience using version control such as GIT, SVN or Mercurial.
· Be highly motivated and flexible to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be an excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.