Java Software Engineer
300 Industry Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Work within Agile scrum team to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain Java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work.
· Contribute and conform to Digital Engineering adopted software development standards.
· Focus on quality and continuous improvement to applications and processes.
· Participate in production deployment and provide support for product.
· Step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and resolving critical production issues.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5 to 8 years of web application development using Java and related technologies.
· Hands-on experience in JDK 1.7 or higher required
· Hands-on experience in Spring, Spring boot frameworks, webservices and related technologies is required.
· Hands-on experience using Kubernetes, Jenkins is desired.
· Exposure to Agile delivery methodology and associated tools is highly desired.
· Work experience or good knowledge of development using cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure would be a plus.
· Must be good in SQL and have experience using NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
· Knowledge or experience with front-end technologies such as NodeJS, Angular, JQuery, css would be nice to have.
· Hands on experience in coding and scripting (Groovy, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have.
· Experience using version control such as GIT, SVN or Mercurial.
· Be highly motivated and flexible to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be an excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.