IT (Agile) Business Analyst
8 Grandview Ave Canonsburg, PA 15317
Job Title: Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 9145
The Business Analyst is the liaison between the agile sprint team and the business (SME, Product Manager and Product Owner). Works to create and refine the feature backlog in preparation for the next Program Increment through defining innovative improvements to business processes in order to meet the business requirements. Works with the Sprint Team to foster a collaborative atmosphere and provide clear understanding of the business problem being solved. Works well in a team-structured environment.
- Reviews existing legacy application documentation to develop an understanding of the existing functionality.
- Meets with business leadership (SME, Product Manager and Product Owner) to clarify business requirements.
- Documents existing business processes and proposes innovative improvements.
- Develops a clear definition and acceptance criteria for each of the features to ensure the business requirements will be addressed.
- Assists with documentation and prioritization of the business value associated with the business requirements.
- Develops industry expertise.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of business analysis experience.
- Experience in an agile software development environment an asset.
- Experience migrating legacy applications to a cloud platform also a plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies a plus.
- Possesses excellent communication, organizational and observational skills.
- Proficient problem solving skills with good judgment and decision making.
- Must be goal-oriented and focused.
- Must work well as a member of a team.