Financial Business Systems Analyst
1001 Liberty Avenue Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222 | Direct Hire
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or equivalent experience required
- Up to three years of business or systems analysis experience required. Three to five years of business or systems analysis experience preferred
- One to three years of Financial services or securities industry experience preferred
- Experience working with MS Windows based applications required
- Knowledge of and / or experience working with relational databases and MS Windows based applications preferred
- Experience modifying or writing Structured Query Language (SQL) preferred
- Knowledge of or experience with mutual funds, securities, financial accounting and/or industry-standard Investment Book of Record (IBOR) preferred
- Experience on team-oriented systems projects preferred
- Solve business problems by performing business analysis.
- Under directions, develop Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), write and execute test scripts, and perform some data analysis and validation when needed.
- Work collaboratively with the business unit, Investment Management Operations, to define business requirements and provide consultative support as needed regarding applications and business work flow.
- Initiate and coordinate communication with Information Technology group, business staff and management to facilitate the most effective and efficient solution to a problem.
- Work with technical and business staff to conduct unit, system, and user acceptance testing. This includes developing and publishing test specifications, preparing test data, and creating user acceptance testing documents.
- Document business process workflows, as needed.
- Provide hands-on support and training to business users.
- Experience with Investment Management systems such as Eagle Pace/Star and/or Charles River would be highly preferred but not required