DevOps AWS/Python Engineer
100 Burtt Road Andover, MA 01810
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer and Developer to join our team supporting a leading provider of application security solutions. Play an instrumental role in the evolution of tooling and team into an advanced DevOps operational model. Using and leveraging a technical stack including combination of GitLabs pattern, Terraform and Custom Services development in Python for infrastructure as code, pipelines development and orchestration. This resource will be responsible for helping to further design and implement our CI/CD environment and processes for supporting line of business products and applications and managing their lifecycle through automation, consistent, reliable and repeatable workflows. Helping developers to build and innovate and deploy product code faster, securely and create solutions developers need to exploit benefits of DevOps and CI/CD.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and product during off-hours.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or related/relevant field. Master’ s degree preferred.
- Successful experience building out and supporting a Cloud production environment Required AWS SDK Python Boto3 working with custom, cots, and open source Python libraries.
- Familiarity with native AWS DevOps PaaS toolset, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline
- Knowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies including Terraform (Packer, Troposphere, AWS CloudFormation required).
- Experience with more than one configuration management solution (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS CodeDeploy).
- Solid proficiency with Repository AND Pipeline related tools (GitLab, GIT – Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, Circle CI).
- Experience with the implementation and use of different Application and Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages. Python is required. Communicate effectively, written and verbal to a range of audiences.
- Must be a leader individual contributor, assume ownership for tasks and have great attention to detail.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience designing infrastructure as code using Python and working in a secure development lifecycle.
- Experience sharing the innovative work you do at conferences, meetups, etc.
- Experience with core systems like LDAP and NTP.
- Experience with AWS Config.
Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent