Industry: Information Technology / Systems
Job Number: 993
Pay Rate: 60.00
The Software Engineer is responsible for the effective development, configuration, and maintenance of systems (software and environments) related to quantitative analysis and forecasting activities. In this role, the individual will participate in technical research, software development, and operational activities to enable continued innovation for data science.
- Develop and/or configure software related to the data science process
- Develop scripts and data queries
- Repair and drive the identification of root cause for software failures
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other technical documentation
- Ability to Identify and execute best practices and optimizations for data science software and technology
- 6-8 years software development or administration experience
- 3-4 years software development experience with java script, NodeJS, and/or python
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Proficiency with large-scale software design and development process or DevOps
- Proficiency with SQL
- Software Configuration Management (Git, SVN etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Database experience (Oracle, Mongo, Postgres)
- Demonstrated problem-solving aptitude and critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain complex problems to different types of audience.
- Machine Learning/Data Science or familiarity with concepts and use cases
- Comfort navigating an entrepreneurial environment
- Familiarity with PyTorch or other Machine Learning libraries
- Statistical knowledge
May require working evenings and/or weekends as needed.
No regular travel required.