AWS Solutions Architect
100 Burtt Road #227 Andover, MA 01810
A longstanding AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, is seeking AWS Certified Enterprise Solution Architects to design & implement cloud-based solutions for Fortune 500 Clients. We have hundreds of customers with profound brand penetration and they continue to ask for our high quality services. If you are a proven AWS customer-facing guru then we want to talk to you.
The position involves helping enterprise clients to build solutions the intersection with these trends:
- AWS Cloud Migration (Database, Data Warehouse, Applications & Infrastructure)
- AWS Data Lakes/Enterprise Data Platforms
- AWS Serverless Application Architecture and Development
- DevOps (CI/CD)
- AWS Machine Learning and AI
In this role, you will collaborate with our customers, sometimes working onsite, to:
- Understand customer requirements, translate these into specifications,
- Develop the AWS-based solutions, working with both onshore and offshore teams,
- Deliver and deploy solutions with customers enterprise architecture.
This includes assessing customer needs, re-engineering business intelligence processes, designing and developing data models, and sharing your expertise throughout the deployment process.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY:
- Working for AWS Professional Services and have architected and deployed highly scalable AWS Solutions
- Leader in an Engineering and/or AWS Consulting Firm with experience architecting, developing and Deploying enterprise Scale AWS-based Products
- A Senior AWS Enterprise Architect within a Company that has built and Deployed Data Lakes, Migrated Applications and Data to AWS or Architected and Build AWS Serverless Applications
- Ability to present to business solutions to customer CTO and CIO, focusing on time-to-value for cloud solutions.
- Interface with Client project sponsors to gather, assess and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Attend on-site customer meetings as needed
- Assess use cases for various teams within the client company.
- This includes working with Security and Data Governance groups within large enterprises, and Develop a data model around stated use cases to capture client’ s KPIs and data transformations.
- Advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs.
- Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
- Document and communicate product feedback in order to improve user experience.
- 6-15 years of software implementation/services experience, preferably in the Data Analytics space.
- Multiple AWS Certifications
- Experience with AWS Cloud solutions deployed in Fortune 500 clients.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Ability to simplify presentation of complex enterprise architecture during sales cycle for large multi-year cloud migration projects Fortune 500 clients.
- A passion for exploring cloud big data, extending this into Machine Learning and AI.
- Solid writing skills
- Significant experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise.
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
- Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH).
- Experience troubleshooting operations issues.
- Optimizing database/query performance.
- In depth knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Redshift, RDS, Auto scaling, ELB, VPC, System Manager, IAM, Security & Compliance, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, CloudTrail, Trusted Advisor, Storage Gateway, Glacier, Route 53, DMS, SMS, CloudWatch, SNS, Direct connect, Lambda, VPN.
- Streaming data tools and techniques such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, NiFi, Microsoft Streaming Analytics.
- Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big Data.
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools such as Datastage, Podium or Talend.
- Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured Data techniques and processes.
- Good Exposure in 3rd Party Assessment tools and Migration tools.
- Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos).
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery).
- Data Warehouse and Data Mart design and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience of design and implementation of microservices architecture and RESTful web services.
- Experience of utilizing progressive design patterns that make use of server less technologies, dynamic scaling, event models, cost optimizations and platform services.
- Experience of network integration and Cloud connectivity of public and private environments; Ingress and egress of data to and from AWS.
- Knowledge of cloud reference architectures and AWS best practices.
- Experience with core AWS platform and security architecture, including: service account design, virtual private cloud, network design, subnetting, segmentation strategies
- Identity and Access Management design, policies and federation strategies, including private key management
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
- AWS Solutions architect certification.
- Bachelor' s degree or higher
- Ability to work remote full-time and involving from 30%-100% Travel